Thursday 25 March 2010

Books?

I have an idea for two books at the moment:
Firstly, I want to try and produce a a book that is a collection of poetry exercises. I think it would be called Writers Unblocked, and I'd try and get as many games and exercises together as possible so that it would be a resource both for new writers, writers struggling for inspiration and for those leading workshops and classes who are looking for something to do with their students.
I've been to a fair few workshops etc in my time and so I already know a few, but it would take a lot of research to get together enough for a book, although I think it would be a good book. Also I could put loads of silly little asides in which would be good fun.

b) My next idea is for an addition to the Max Brooks Zombie series. So far Brooks has written such treaures as 'The Zombie Survival Guide' and 'World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.' I think a good addition would be, 'Poetz: Poetry from the Zombie War'. I think it would be really fun to write a book of poetry all from the perspective of people fighting a zombie apocalypse... I'd probably have to write to Brooks to see if he thought it was a good idea and would include it in his cannon. Ah well.

No comments: